How Can We Help Each Other?
Working together to offer families support during school closures and beyond
One Parent's Interesting Idea
A mom reached out to us this week asking if there was any way she could earn free materials to help teach her son at home during the COVID-19 crisis. She asked us: "If I help you sell 5 sets of Language Builder Cards, will you give me one for my son?"
Honestly, I've never thought of that, but as I turn it over in my head, it does make sense. We could accomplish 4 things at once:
- Spread the word about the free and paid materials we have to help families at home
- Put some money directly in the pockets of families, teachers and therapists
- Give families the educational materials and curriculum they need for free
- Help us stay afloat so we can come out the other side of this able to still serve the families, educators and children whom we love
With a little research, I found there are lots of ways we might make this happen. But first, I want to get some feedback from you:
- Is this actually something families, teachers and therapists would want?
- How you would want it to work?
- What else can we be doing to help?
If you could answer a few questions, it would help us make sure we are helping everyone in the best ways possible.
Please Share Your Thoughts